The McMichael offers innovative tours and programs and an ideal setting for students to learn about, and truly appreciate, the world of Canadian art. To help plan your visit, please read each of the following PDF documents.
Requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Our tours are informative and interactive, and cater to classes of all age groups.
We offer a wide range of choices, all 100 minutes in length, that focus on specific aspects of the Canadian art experience. This includes foundational Inuit, First Nations and Landscape tours, and our new Custome Highlights Tour. Also popular is our Outdoor Explorer Tour, which can be booked year-round.
Duration: 100 minutes
Programs begin at 9:50 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Or, spend a full day (9:50 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) for $16.00.
Tour programs are supported by:
McMichael also offers extended Studio Programs for young and developing artists. These too are 100 minutes long, and enable students to get creative. Each tour has a corresponding studio.
KindergARTen is a special 100-minute program designed for Preschool and Kindergarten students.
Schedule and Fees
100 minutes in length.
9:50 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.
100 minutes in length
9:50 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.
Tour and Studio
From 9:50 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
ESL and other language services are available.
Art2Go is our popular classroom program. A gallery educator will travel to your school and teach about the Group of Seven and their contemporaries, First Nations or Inuit art. Students view signature works from the gallery and engage in a hands-on art activity.Art2Go is designed for minimum 20 students and is offered as half or full day programs. Choose to learn about the Group of Seven and their contemporaries, First Nations Art, or Inuit Art. The program includes an introduction to the area of interest and a studio portion. All supplies and materials are included.
Half Day: $8 per student
Full Day: $15 per studen
We'll bring the gallery to you and introduce your class to the McMichael's wonderful Canadian art collection!
A similar Gallery2Go is also available to service clubs and other community groups.
Inquire about booking your Art2Go talk today! Contact 905.893.1121 ext. 2209, or email us.
Booking and preparing your visit
To book your school program, call 905.893.1121 ext. 2209 or toll free 1.888.213.1121 or email us.
Help us help you plan a great visit by having some key pieces of information ready before you contact us to reserve.
Enrich your visit. Prepare ahead by using our electronic and published classroom resources. All gallery programs have been designed to complement the Ontario curriculum.
Our experienced educators engage students in activities that meet specific expectations in the areas of knowledge of elements, creative work, and critical thinking. Programs are highly interactive, with an emphasis on developing visual awareness and vocabulary so students can appreciate and discuss works of art.
SCHOOL VISIT POLICIES
1. School visits must be booked and confirmed by written contract.
2. School programs operate from 9:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. A group stay on the grounds and in the gallery will be restricted to the times and program(s) listed on your school visit contract.
3. There are no self-guided school programs. McMichael staff must accompany school groups during the entire visit.
4. To ensure student safety, visitors must agree to follow the instructions and guidance provided by McMichael staff.
5. Changes to a contract and/or cancellations must be received in writing 30 days before a group visit.
6. There is a service fee for cancellations after 30 days. Groups will be charged 50% of their contracted rate.
7. School staff is responsible for the supervision of visiting students.
8. Lunch space must be reserved. "Lunch" will appear under the "Program" heading of the contract.