Careers at the McMichael
Contract: May 1 to August 31, 2013
This is a contract position, working 35 hours per week, including some evenings or weekends.
The Gallery is presently undergoing the final stage of a major network upgrade project and is looking for an IT Assistant in resolving reported IT issues, with the main focus on the users support. As a key member of the IT team, this position is responsible for all aspects of installing, maintaining and repairing the computer systems, together with network administration of switches, servers, and other communications, hardware/software, and office systems.
This position reports to the Technical Support Analyst.
Preferably experienced IT major or co-op students. Students with a passion for IT tasks, from other departments, are also encouraged to apply.
Experience as an IT Support of a small/medium sized network of servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows 2003 servers (DC, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, and WSUS) and switches;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows XP Windows 7 and 8;
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and all-in-one devices;
- Demonstrated ability to operate multimedia devices (digital cameras, projectors, DVD/Blue-ray devices, sound systems);
- Demonstrated ability of training the staff;
- Good knowledge of MS SQL, Symantec Endpoint Protection and Backup Exec, VM Ware ESXi, IBM Lotus Domino (Notes, Traveler, Sametime), Blackberry Enterprise Server, and Linux;
- Ability to inquire about hardware/software services and technical support;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and tasks simultaneously;
- Proven highly developed verbal and written communications skills.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components;
- Maintain and administer the local network and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Operate KVM console in order to gain direct access to servers;
- Configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software;
- Perform data backups and recovery operations;
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes;
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems;
- Train staff members in computer system use;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the senior staff.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email, mail or fax your resume to Human Resources by April 30, 2013.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection,
10365 Islington Avenue
Kleinburg, Ontario, L0J 1C0
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is an agency of the government of Ontario under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.