Careers at the McMichael
French speaking On-Call Educators
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is currently seeking bilingual (French/English) On-call Educators. As part of a team of professional educators and interpreters, McMichael on-call Educators actively participate in communicating tour programs for the public at all levels.
Job requirements include: BA or enrolment in BA program in art history, studio art, education or another relevant discipline, with excellent public presentation and communication skills. Knowledge of Canadian and Aboriginal art, experience teaching in French and working with diverse or special needs audience are assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Professionally deliver established educational tours and programs to school, private, adult and corporate groups consistent with McMichael Canadian Art Collection practices in French and English.
- Tours and programs are delivered both on-site and off-site as outreach programs.
- Supervise students and help with studio preparation, through the lunch hour as required.
- Studio preparation and support with tour/studio material organization, and independent learning related to exhibitions.
- Attend and participate in department and gallery meeting, training, and lecture sessions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email, mail or fax your resume along with a covering letter to Human Resources by December 2, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael supports accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the interview process.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection,
10365 Islington Avenue
Kleinburg, Ontario, L0J 1C0
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is an agency of the government of Ontario under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.